To offer effective leadership, advocate improved laboratory quality systems, conduct HIV surveillance testing and provide Quality Assurance laboratory services in HIV testing.
To be a leading centre of excellence in the region in the promotion of laboratory quality systems
QUALITY POLICY STATEMENT
The NHRL is committed to quality and good professional practice, as the guiding principles in its operations, decision making and leadership in the provision of HIV laboratory and related services to clients. To realize this NHRL management regularly monitors and reviews its performance for continual improvement and suitability by implementing an effective quality management system based on and complying with ISO 15189 standards.
- Promote safety, reliability and suitability of accurately validated equipment and procedures.
- Ensure that the results obtained from NHRL are of high quality and integrity.
- Ensure compliance to international standards in particular ISO 15189 standard
Enjoy our Gallery below
OUR MANDATE /ROLES
- To provide leadership and support the national HIV laboratory program in Kenya
- Take lead in Policy and guidelines formulation on laboratory related HIV issues in the country.
- To coordinate laboratory HIV activities and partners in the country.
- Act as the centre of excellence and offer reference Services in HIV testing and laboratory ART monitoring in the country
- To evaluate and monitor quality of HIV testing supplies, reagents and equipment
- To provide and coordinate external Quality Assurance services in HIV testing and ART monitoring ;
- HIV serology Quality Assurance Program
- Lymphocyte Enumeration (CD4 cell counting), Hematology and chemistry Quality Assurance Program;
- Development of other quality assurance programs as need arises.
- To conduct training and mentorship of personnel on HIV testing and laboratory ART monitoring
- To undertake laboratory HIV Surveillance and conduct testing for all HIV sero surveys in the country.
- Foster national and international collaborations with other national reference laboratories and centres of excellence worldwide.